Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Street Food



 The power went out for 6 to 8 hours on Thursday and today it was out when I woke up (around 7 today because I wasn't feeling well) and was out until about 1:30 or 2 pm.  The weird thing was that no one knew what was going on and why it was out.  Our neighbor/landlord/friend texted a bunch of people and no one knew.  So, needless to say, I've been really grateful for power.  And since the water doesn't work when the power is out, I didn't take a show for two days because I didn't have time until today.  I love being clean.

I had my first street food!  Well, I think it would be considered my first street food.  I ate at the tent in the park already, but this was literally a guy standing on the street with a grill and corn.  It tastes like popcorn with lemon if you get lemon.  It was so awesome, I might start getting one every day after school.  I love food.

This is the weird squash I bought on a whim because I wanted to just cook and try all the local stuff.  It was really good!  Not at all sweet like it was going to be.  The dinner we just ate used this and it was super fab.

1 comment: