Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Traveling

I am now on the last 3 hour leg of my 12 hour and 45 minute layover.  If there was a flight straight from Albuquerque to Tegucigalpa, the traveling time would have been 5 hours.  That's a whole 12 hours and 45 minutes faster.  But sleeping sitting up isn't so bad, it's just really cold in here.

I also have a piece of advice for the ditsy traveler who happens to enjoy smoking cigarettes: if you're flight isn't until the next day, and you have a really long layover, don't go outside to have a smoke because it will be a hassle getting back in unless you go outside the next morning.  I didn't know this, but I guess that's how it works.

TSA has been really friendly, though, so that's pretty cool.  It's mostly just the people that work for United that have been rude about the whole going outside to smoke thing and not getting back in.

But now, since I still just have a bunch of time to kill, maybe I'll try my luck again.  Getting stuck in Houston would totally blow, but I think I'll chance it.  I mean, I was talking to a friend through this whole ordeal, and he said, "Just go to the airport bar."  Nope!  Everything closed at 9pm, which is pretty much when I got off my plane.  I even only saw one water fountain.  And I am currently sitting on the floor outside the club room in order to get internet access.  Not to mention the name of the airport: George Bush International.  Could be a coincidence that this place isn't very great, but I doubt it.

Sorry about the complaining... Maybe I'll feel better after a cigarette.

No comments:

Post a Comment